The Gardant Group acts as a partner of choice for banks and investors in the UTP credit sector, by virtue of its integrated Asset Manager/Debt Purchaser & Debt Servicer business model, its willingness to invest and co-invest, and its structural flexibility.
What we do
UTPs: our offer
The Gardant Group
- Acquired UTP positions, either directly or through securitisation SPVs;
- Purchased unsettled loan agreements on UTP loans;
- Structured securitisations with underlying UTP loans, co-investing in the capital structure;
- Provided new finance as part of debt restructuring transactions
- Can assess the profile of potential cash flows from a UTP position, with a view to restructuring, also thanks to a dedicated re-performing UTP team;
- Can carry out securitisation transactions of UTP loans also with structural forecasts for the provision of new finance linked to debt restructuring;
- Can restructure/renegotiate agreements, amending the original positions;
- Can act as a fronting entity, through Master Gardant, for the acquisition of unresolved bank and commercial credit agreements relating to UTP loans for itself or on behalf of other investors/securitisation vehicles under Law No. 130/99.
Gardant’s management of UTP positions takes a careful approach to the quality and ethical aspects of its activities, including:
- Ensure compliance with the principles set out by the Privacy Authority (Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali) concerning privacy and credit recovery;
- Adopt an internal code of conduct, which, in addition to incorporating the aforementioned principles, regulates the ethical behaviour and rules of good conduct that all operators, regardless of whether they are Group employees or third-party professionals, are required to adopt;
- Promote the efficiency of master servicing activities, for the correct and timely administrative management of credits;
- Implement or encourage proactive behaviour aimed, where possible, at consumer protection and, in general, at restoring (or rehabilitating) the conditions of continuity of such entities.
The adhesion to UNIREC (Unione Nazionale Imprese a Tutela del Credito) by Gardant Liberty Servicing S.p.A., finalised in the first quarter of 2022, is part of this approach: it represents the contribution that the Gardant Group wants to give to the sector’s commitment to adopt a univocal code of conduct that regulates ethical behaviour in recovery activities, the contents of which are already part of the rules applied by Gardant Liberty Servicing S.p.A. and Special Gardant S.p.A.